The new Harris Poll has found that:
- more than 50% of Americans polled now do not trust the press
- 2/3 of Americans believe traditional journalism is "out of touch" with what readers want from their news, similar to the We Media/Zogby Interactive poll findings.
However, other forms of media, except the Internet, are also declining in popularity:
- 6% do not trust news on televisio
- 1/3 of Americans do not trust radio news
Though only 4% do not trust Internet news, Americans choose other medias for political news:
- 70% watch their local television news
- 66% watch cable TV news programs such as CNN and FOX
- 65% still read local papers for political news
Despite the growing preference of reading news on websites, 32% of polled Americans never visit a newspaper website.
Source: Press Gazette through EJC Media News